By Shar Scanlon
Jim Beam Country
Shepherdsville, Kentucky, is “Jim Beam Country” – home to the #1 selling bourbon in the world and located just 20 miles south of Louisville on I-65.
The Jim Beam American Stillhouse’s “behind-the-scenes” tour offers an interactive, sensory and creative distillery experience. From its two-story interactive display and gift shop to the pilot plant highlighting the distilling process, the tasting room experience, on-site Kentucky-themed restaurant (Fred’s Smokehouse) and scenic grounds, a day at the Jim Beam Distillery is one of Kentucky’s must-see Unbridled Experiences.
Wine & Whiskey Trail
Within a 9 mile radius, you will find our Wine & Whiskey Trail along beautiful Kentucky backroads. In addition to the Jim Beam American Stillhouse, the trail includes: Four Roses Bourbon Visitor Experience and four award-winning local wineries – Brooks Hill, Forest Edge, Wight-Meyer and MillaNova Winery.
Bernheim Forest & Family Adventures
Families and adventure-seekers alike will enjoy hiking, biking and year-round special events at Bernheim Forest. The forest is larger than the island of Manhattan and includes lakes, gardens, trails, a children’s play area and a Leeds Certified Visitors’ Center. Other attractions include: Kart Country, home to the longest go-kart track in the world; Heritage Hill Golf Club’s award-winning golf course; and a variety of parks and recreational activities and events highlighted on www.JimBeamCountry.com.
A Shopping Adventure
Shop at Amazon’s 6pm.com Shoes & More Outlet or the Donna Sharp Quilt & Hand Bag Outlet, plus visit seasonal outdoor markets including The Most Awesome Flea Market in the World. Shop distillery and winery gift shops, as well as the gift boutique at the Fire Art Glass Gallery. With a stay in Shepherdsville, you are also only minutes from Kentucky’s newest outlet mall, The Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass.
Ready to explore everything this area has to offer? Shepherdsville also has more than 1,000 affordable hotel rooms conveniently located off I-65 (Exits 117 & 121) only 20 minutes south of Louisville. Plan your Shepherdsville getaway – a casual, well-rounded Kentucky vacation at the gateway to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail that embodies the heart of Kentucky’s Unbridled Spirit!
If You Go
Shepherdsville-Bullitt County Tourist & Convention Commission
(502) 543-8687, (800) 526-2068, www.travelbullitt.org
Jim Beam American Stillhouse
(502) 543-2221, www.americanstillhouse.com
Shepherdsville Wine & Whiskey Trail
(502) 543-8687, www.travelbullitt.org/the-wine-whiskey-trail
Four Roses Warehouse & Bottling Tour
(502) 543-2264, www.fourrosesbourbon.com/warehousing-bottling-facility
(502) 921-0267, www.wight-meyervineyards.com
Brooks Hill Winery
(502) 957-7810, www.brookshillwinery.com
Forest Edge Winery
(502) 531-9610, www.forestedgewine.com
(502) 664-8304, www.millanovawinery.com
Bernheim Arboretum & Research Forest
(502) 955-8512, www.bernheim.org
(502) 543-9588, www.gokartkountry.com
Heritage Hill Golf Club
(502) 531-0606, www.hhgolfclub.com
6pm.com Shoes & More Outlet
(502) 921-3939, www.6pm.com/c/outlet-stores
Donna Sharp Quilt & Hand Bag Outlet
(888) 810-1003, www.donnasharp.com
The Most Awesome Flea Market in the World
Fire Art Glass Gallery
(502) 955-1010, www.firestudioandgallery.com
The Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass
(502) 722-5558, www.theoutletshoppesofthebluegrass.com
Kentucky Bourbon Trail
(502) 875-9351, www.kybourbontrail.com