Built 1855, a rare Wheeler truss covered bridge. Original footings and frame intact, 155 feet long. Bridge was never painted. Open to traffic. Eight miles South, of South Shore following Rt. 7, spanning Tygart Creek. The bridge was built by brothers, BF and Parmaly Bennett to accommodate customers located on the West side of the Creek to reach their Mill. The Mill ground grain and sawed timber. Some of the timber was used to make basic furniture, tables, chairs, cupboards, etc. The early settlers arrived with few possessions. Prior to building their Mill, the Bennetts operated the Globe furnace, nearby. The stones from the furnace were used as the foundation to support the bridge. It has been reported that the bridge was the oldest, longest, single span covered bridge in the world". It was recently restored at a cost of over one million dollars.