Built in 1825, this building is one of Elizabethtown's finest examples of rural Federal architecture. Known for many years as "The Hill House," a boarding house and inn. It once housed General George Custer and his wife in the 1870s.
The genealogical library is available to visitors and others by way of mail for research as to ancestry or history. Among the resources are near complete collections of Hardin County, Kentucky records dating from 1793 to roughly 1900. These records include marriages, wills, tax lists, court orders, settlements records, deeds, censuses, cemetery inscriptions, family files, bible records, and other items of genealogical interest. Nominal fee are charged for use of the library and research service. Tues ' Sat 10:00 am ' 4:00 pm.