Dates & Times
Apr 22 - Apr 23, 2017
7:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Get your binoculars ready! Find your camera! Weekend birding events, sponsored by the Evansville Audubon Society and held at John James Audubon State Park, will interest all who have an appreciation for and curiosity about birds. Download the activity schedule here.
- Hikes led by birding experts at Audubon Wetlands, John James Audubon State Park, Patoka River, and Eagle Slough
- "Red, Blue, and Yellow: A Dozen Birds in the Springtime Yard" presented by Sharon Sorenson, Courier-Press/Gleaner columnist and author
- "Raptors Wild!" live birds of prey shown by Talon Trust, raptor rescue and rehab professionals
- Family Birding Fun!--"Make-N-Take Birdfeeders and Bird Callers", plus the "Great Migration Challenge" giant board game
- "Owl Puke--Yuck! Or Not?" owl pellet dissections
- "Basic Birding 101" class to get you started on birding skills
- "Hands-on Bird Banding" opportunity for citizen-science and close-up photography of birds
- "Junior Birders Hike" in John James Audubon State Park for ages 8-18 and their parents
For further information, go to OhioValleyBirdingfestival.org.