The area originally selected for a cemetery was known as Copley Knob, located in the southwestern part of town near Western Kentucky University. It was considered no longer a desirable site due to the Civil War. Trees were down, cannons were everywhere and bayonets lay all over the ground. In 1864, 30 acres were purchased from William McNeal for $100.00 per acre along Cemetery Pike. This is now known as Fairview Cemetery .Two Revolutionary War heroes are also buried here and the Confederate Monument was erected in 1875. The Bloch Memorial Chapel is a beautiful old English country church of the Gothic period. The City currently owns, maintains and operates 109 acres for burial rights.