Busy Media Spring with a Hot Summer Ahead!
Media efforts this spring by KDTT and partners have had been on a fast track, and the summer promises to continue that pace. Click here for a full update.
KDTT Media Update
Here are some highlights of Kentucky Travel and Tourism’s (KDTT) spring and summer media relations activities:
- A Pre-Derby radio promotion resulted in ten on-air interviews by out-of-state radio stations with KDTT officials.
- In addition to attending the Midwest Travel Writers Association (MTWA) conference in Louisville in May, KDTT and partners hosted 13 MTWA travel writers on four Kentucky press trips.
- A media blitz to New York City in May netted eight meetings with the media for KDTT and five partners. An additional 22 media representatives attended a reception hosted by the Kentucky team. Meetings included Conde Nast Traveler, Ladies Home Journal and New York Times Magazine. Reception attendees included Food & Wine, Huffington Post and ABCNews.com.
- Earlier this month KDTT participated in the Kentucky Trade and Investment Mission to Canada with Governor Beshear and the Cabinet for Economic Development. KDTT participated in the Toronto portion of the mission and arranged media meetings that included the Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, and Canadian Automobile Club (CAA) Magazine.
- Also earlier this month In conjunction with Mississippi River Country and local partners, KDTT organized a Kentucky press trip for four Japanese journalists
- KDTT and partners attended International Pow Wow (now branded as IPW), June 9-12, In addition to approximately 30 tour operator appointments, 18 meetings were held with international media representatives.
As we head toward summer, at least seven journalist trips are in the works, including a team from Lonely Planet, the world’s largest publisher of travel guides; Men’s Journal, a result of the New York blitz; Trekaroo, a digital family travel media outlet; and a Brand USA sponsored trip for approximately five German journalists.
KDTT thanks the many partners whose support made these efforts possible. Industry partners throughout the state should keep KDTT apprised of news and developments that are relevant to the consumer and travel trade media. The best stories and the best opportunities for Kentucky coverage come from local industry partners. Please send releases, story pitches and other media information to Marge Bateman at firstname.lastname@example.org