A celebrated house of worship, this building was erected in 1800 by a colony of Dutch settlers to serve as the first Low Dutch Reformed Church building west of the Allegheny Mountains. Old Mud is one of only two pioneer log meeting houses in the Bluegrass and its name reflects its construction: framing of sturdy oaken timbers and walls filled with mud mixed with straw and sticks. In 2000, the Harrodsburg Historical Society started a major renovation of this historic landmark that laid the foundation to restore the church to its former glory. An adjacent cemetery contains the graves of numerous early Dutch settlers. HOURS: By appointment only.