.5 miles, leads from parking to Primary Loop
This park was once the property of the Morgan family for over 100 years. A cattle and tobacco farm, the park itself is 252 acres and was part of the much larger farming operation. The park was acquired in 2003 and sits adjacent to land that is still owned by the family. There are over 4 miles of trails throughout the park which highlight its various features and terrains. Waterfalls, geological outcroppings, and even an old burial site that was owned by the Abbott family and dating back to the mid 1800s. The park now preserves numerous types of wildlife and plant life and ensures it will be enjoyed by generations to come.
1551 N. Highway 393
Favorite Kentucky Hiking Trail
Capital Plaza Tower 22nd Floor, 500 Mero Street
Frankfort, KY 40601
2013, Kentucky Department of Travel. All rights reserved.
Web Design & Search Engine Optimization by Aristotle®