The Green Hill Cemetery was established in 1865, and features the only monument to Kentucky's United States Colored Troops (USCTs) which included approximately 25,000 men. The ten-foot tall monument names over 140 USCT members from Frankfort and surrounding central Kentucky communities. The monument was dedicated by the Women's Relief Corps, an affiliate of a Union Army veteran's organization, the African American Post of the Grand Army of the Republic.
Hours: dawn to dusk. For information contact the Capital City Museum at 502-696-9127.