700 Louisville Rd.
Frankfort KY 40601
Situated on a prominent western bluff overlooking the State Capitol and Frankfort, the George Franklin Berry Estate was originally called Juniper Hill because of the many red cedar trees on the property. Berry was a prosperous distillery executive with the Frankfort firm of W.A. Gaines and Company, whose wealth is evident in this fine mansion. Constructed in 1900, the original stone mansion was designed by the prominent Louisville architectural firm of McDonald and Dodd. The structure's design is a notable example of mansions erected between 1865 and 1917 in the Colonial Revival style. Stones used to build the structure at Juniper Hill came from the property and the mansion rests on a full stone cellar blasted from solid rock.The site's most outstanding feature is an elaborate music room built in the Gothic Revival style and designed by notable architect William J. Dodd.The Berry Mansion is located at: 700 Louisville Road, Frankfort, KY 40601-3304. Please call the following phone numbers for more information:(502) 564-3000 or (502) 564-5500.