Downtown Franklin Historic District
The current courthouse was designed and built in 1882 following a fire thought to have been started because of illegal land transactions as the fire started in the office that contained all records of land transactions.
The Brickyard Cafe is housed in what was once a carriage manufacturing and repair shop. In the main dining room, an old horse-drawn buggy is suspended on the original manually-operated lift platform. The lift transported buggies and carriages for repair in the second and third floor workshops.
The Franklin Presbyterian Church located on the corner of College Street and Depot Street -now Kentucky Street was dedicated as a Cumberland Presbyterian Church in 1886.
Several other buildings around the square were built prior to 1900.