Lynch Colored School
Lynch Colored School was built in 1923 by the United States Coal and Coke Co. to serve the families of African American coal miners of the Benham and Lynch coal mining communities in Harlan County, Kentucky. It was then leased to Lynch Colored Common Graded School District. The school included kindergarten through 12th grade, and operated from 1923 through 1963 when the Harlan County school system was integrated. After that time, the Lynch Colored High School became West Main High School.