Elmer Kelley Stadium
Elmer Kelley Stadium is owned by the City of Madisonville and located inside the beautiful Madisonville City Park. The stadium was built in 1941 as part of the Works Progress Administration but was not used until 1946 because of World War II. The stadium bricks were poured and laid on-site by WPA workers. The stadium was originally known as Municipal Stadium but later renamed in the 1970’s after Mr. Elmer Kelley, a long-time radio and sports personality in Madisonville.
Although professional baseball at Elmer Kelley Stadium ended in 1955, Elmer Kelley Stadium has been used as the home field for Madisonville/North Hopkins High School and the old Madisonville High School since the 1940’s.
Don't miss the murals along the sides of Elmer Kelley Stadium, which provide a timeline of important events in Madisonville!