Historic L & N Depot and Museum
1866 Depot St.
Stanford KY 40484
The original structure, used for freight and passengers, was built in 1866. In 1912 the existing building was constructed. Gov. Franklin Roosevelt visited the depot on October 22, 1932, while campaigning for the presidency. The restored depot served Stanford's railroad line until 1986. The facility has a museum, community center, park with playground and picnic tables, and a walking trail. A caboose and railroad work car sit nearby on an original section of the tracks. The museum has a velocipede that was used for errands on the tracks, as well as the bell which alerted passengers of the train's arrivals and departures.