THE WARWICK COMPOUND, near the site of the old town of Warwick, consists of the residence of Clay Lancaster and its various dependencies. The Moses Jones House, constructed between 1809 and 1811, is the oldest building within the complex. It is one and a half stories, brick in Flemish bond, with a wood-frame – originally log – kitchen addition.The foremost architectural feature of Warwick is the front portico. It is built as a freestanding structure with four columns along the outer side and two against the brick wall. At one time there probably was a similar rear portico. These porticoes were among the earliest on a residence in Kentucky.The house was acquired and restored by Clay Lancaster in 1978 when he returned to Kentucky after living in New York City, Brooklyn Heights, and the island of Nantucket, Massachusetts.