- 20 ozs. bittersweet chocolate
- 1½ stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Kentucky bourbon, to taste
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl, being careful not to overheat or burn it.
- In a separate pot, heat the heavy cream, corn syrup and salt until simmering. Pour over top of the chocolate mixture and let stand for 2 minutes. Stir until blended and then add bourbon to taste.
- Chill mixture overnight or until set, then scoop and shape into small truffle-sized balls. Chill truffles for one hour before coating.
- Before serving, toss truffles in any number of toppings of your choice – cocoa, powdered sugar, toasted coconut, nuts, etc.