Freight House Beer Cheese
- 32 oz. block sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 8-12 oz. lager or pilsner beer (not “light” beer)
- Grate cheese on the medium-size side of a box grater. Pulse garlic cloves in a food processor 3-4 times until they’re chopped into small bits, but not quite a paste.
- Add the cheese, cayenne, paprika and salt. Pulse 3-4 times or until just combined.
- With food processor running, slowly pour the beer through the chute until cheese mixture is smooth and creamy, using more beer for a drier aged cheese, less for one that is more moist. (Be careful not to over-mix or the spread may separate).
- Serve cold with raw veggies, crackers or pretzels.
Recipe provided by:
Chef Sara Bradley, Freight House (Paducah, KY)